Raw Weekend Part 1: A Rawsome Potluck!!

As many of you may know I started up a raw meet-up in my community a few months ago. I wanted to connect to other's with an interest in eating healthy with a focus on raw food. We have met once prior to this weekend at WOW, a raw cafe.

For our second meeting we had a Raw Potluck on Saturday, that was hosted at a members house. Let me tell you it was a lot of fun. Fun to meet all of the new members and also great to eat all of the wonderful food.

Here is a picture of our RAW FOODIES who attended. I am taking the photo, so I am not in the picture. Also two members had to leave early. We had 15 people attend, so a big thank you to all that came.



As you can see we had lots of fun things on the table. Raw food book, a couple of bottles of kombucha, some marinated mushrooms and raw homemade salsa and dip.

Here is our raw food feast.


I am so happy that we had a great turnout and so much yummy raw food to share. Thanks to everyone for all of your raw food dishes. Take a look at this spread of raw eats. This is most, but not all because we could not fit it on the table.

Menu included:
Thai Coleslaw
Nori Rolls
Almond Nori Rolls
Pesto and veggie noodles
Cheesecake (not in photo)
Carrot Cake
Fudge
Mok Tuna
Mixed Seed and Fruit Salad
Kale Salad
Kombucha
Marinated mushrooms
Real raw salsa, veggie chips and guacamole
Cookie Dough Balls
Several Salads
Broccoli and Veggies
Fruits
and more (sorry if I missed anyone)


Can I just say how RAWSOME it was to have this great table of raw food to eat. I think everyone had a great time and had lots to eat.

This is one of the dishes that I brought. Thai Coleslaw from Rawvolution. It is always a hit.




We played a fun bingo icebreaker game and I also had two raw treats to giveaway. Some kale chips and a goji bar.




I had a great time and can't wait to meet up again and for our community to grow!!! Thanks everyone who came.


Stay tuned for the rest of the weekend in the next post.... and a belated MOTHER'S DAY to all my blogging friends.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds delicious! Happy belated mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly for your comment. I had a great time "eating" all the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren,

    Thank you for your comment. Yes happy belated to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to a raw potluck in ages. Wish I lived closer. It looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks shannonmarie,

    Yes wish we all lived closer. Maybe a virtual potluck.:) Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so great that you started a group. Your potluck looks amazing.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Look at your new blog page!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Did you do it yourself???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fun and looks fun! All the yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks HiHoRosie,

    Yes it was a lot of fun. I especially like raw food potlucks as you can sample so many new things. We are planning another one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rawkinmom,

    Thanks for your comments on my new blog. I read your comment. However it got erased from this post and so did my new website. Blogger was having a problem.

    Anyways, thanks for the feedback. I was needing some. I am going to reload the new site again.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment.